Monday, June 19, 2006

Who Will You be When You Grow Up?

Having worked my way through two careers and now on my third, having raised a family, I still sometimes ask myself that question. Not what you will be when you grow up, but who. The follow up question is what do you stand for and how do you follow up on that? Ava Lowery is a fifteen-year old who has figured out what she stands for and has taken action. If you haven't seen her on the news or caught one of her Peace Takes Courage videos, check out her blog at http://www.peacetakescourage.com/page-home.htm

3 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger Msabcmom said...

She is something else. I was very impressed with her when I saw her clip on tv. WOW!

 
At 5:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really had not heard of this fifteen year old; but I am amazed at her abilities, integrity to self beliefs, and the her guts to stand up and be heard above the ranting Limbaughs and Hannidays in this country.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Bill Bell said...

One of Ava Lowery's videos asks the question, "What would Jesus do?" and, therefore, what should we do?

One thing that we can do is to withhold the tax monies that governments would otherwise use for making war.

In Canada, see the Conscience Canada website for advice.

www.consciencecanada.ca

 

Post a Comment

<< Home